Monday, May 12, 2008

Socially Conscious/Fair Trade Baby Clothes


Before I dye and paint each onesie, it arrives to me as a carefully sewn garment. The other day I was wondering about the people that create my "canvas" (so to speak). I had no reason to doubt the ethics of my wholesaler, but I don't like to assume. I asked what the conditions where like in which these baby clothes are made, and I wanted to share the response I got...

"Dear Alisha,

I received your inquiry regarding the factories and conditions where our garments are produced, I appreciate your probing this issue as it is something very important to us.

We sent our company representative to inspect the factory to double check the certification that we were presented with. The goods are all produced in modern facilities, no sweatshop conditions, no child labor, decent working hours and conditions, and fair trade.

All our employees have strong family values and our collective conscience would not allow us to have our goods manufactured in unfavorable conditions."

3 comments:

Beat Black said...

thats very reassuring. In what country are they made?

Anonymous said...

They are made in India.

-Alisha

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Good for you for checking.