Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Baby In The Home...


I painted this onesie just the other day for a new baby living at the Magdalene Home.

The Magdalene Home is a safe nurturing environment where teenage girls, who are pregnant or parenting, can live. They provide the girls with emotional support, as well as training in life skills such as cooking, shopping, financial planning, childcare, prenatal care, and postnatal care.

When I heard about the Magdalene Home I decided that I would make a custom onesie for each baby living there. Last summer, I was actually invited to visit the home. I learned a lot about it and I could see that young women are truly given the opportunity to make a better life for themselves and I'm very excited about supporting that cause.

Click on this link to see more info and their website. (scroll to the "Giving" section) http://www.sweetandspunky.com/info.html

1 comment:

Earmark Social said...

oh that is so wonderful and so cute! Great job and a lovely blog too :)